LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
The Peer Wellness Specialist works as a member of the integrated primary care and mental health care team to implement and monitor treatment for individuals enrolled in integrated primary care services located in LifeWorks NW clinics. As a member of the team, the Peer Wellness Specialist will mentor and provide recovery-based coaching for enrolled individuals to assist them in achieving person-driven health goals. The Peer Wellness Specialist performs a wide range of tasks to support individuals in living their own lives and directing their own recovery and wellness process.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Beaverton site. Pay/Benefits: $17.02 to $18.30 per hour plus pro-rated comprehensive benefits. This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Uses a Person-Centered approach to create and support treatment plan goals tailored to the specific needs of the individual receiving services; specific attention to individualized health coaching to assist individuals in obtaining their health objectives.
- Uses own experiences as guided by training and models the principles of recovery for those they work with, including gaining greater independence, emphasizing wellness and self-determination.
- Supports participants in learning how to make good choices to support health goals.
- Assists the person they work with to identify and utilize natural community supports to decrease dependence on the traditional mental health system.
- Work with clients to develop wellness and recovery goals towards what the client wants for their lives.
- Model wellness and recovery for the individuals they work with, sharing their own experience when beneficial to the individual.
- Work with clients on specific and obtainable goals included in the person's individual service and support plan.
- Administers outcome measurement tools and participates in data collection, including basic health screenings (blood pressure, weight, height readings, BMI calculations, etc.)
- Connecting clients to community resources to increase independent living and stability. Duties could include grocery shopping, managing healthcare appointments, meal preparation or just spending time with clients until they feel secure enough to be on their own.
- Assists clients in maintaining a medication regimen. May deliver medications, makes reminder calls, and complete home visits to support compliance with medication management.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client's treatment.
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Meets standards for client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness, and competency.
- Participates in regular individual team meetings with supervisor. Provides written and verbal reports to supervisor regarding cases. Attends informational and clinical meetings which may include all-agency meetings, team meetings, consultation meetings with psychiatrist, staffings, intra-agency trainings, etc. Attend and contribute positively to team meetings, agency and interdisciplinary meetings.
- Participate in a culture of feedback at the agency by eliciting feedback to promote professional growth and assess work effectiveness.
- Use Feedback-Informed Treatment service delivery approach to obtain and review feedback from clients regarding the fit and effectiveness of the services provided to them.
Qualifications: (Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for qualifications. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each task proficiently.)
- Self-identifies as a current, a former recipient of mental health services or a family member of someone who has received mental health services.
- Holds a Peer Support Specialist certification from a State-approved training program. Preferable to also have Recovery Mentor certification.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Transporting clients in a personal vehicle may be required. If required, access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet driving requirements are necessary.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
Primarily works at a site or clinic. May be eligible for hybrid or remote work schedule based on programmatic requirements and client needs. Supervisor approval for remote work required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09