Email Angela.Dillard@amedisys.com for more information.
Amedisys is an established but growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 16,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment - Culture of teamwork - Ongoing support - Advancement - Healthcare leader
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your nursing skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Benefits and More
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Continuing education
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
What You Will Do:
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and licensed practical nurses/licensed vocational nurses
• Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
• Acute care experience as a registered nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical environment
• Previous home health or hospice experience
Not ready to apply? Email Angela.Dillard@amedisys.com for more information or to schedule a ride-along to shadow an existing employee.