Resident Services Coordinator-Full Time Position
Innovative Housing, Inc. (IHI) is a non-profit, affordable housing developer that serves the Portland metro area. We provide housing for low and moderate income individuals and families and, because we recognize that quality, affordable housing requires more than just bricks and mortar, IHI invests in a vibrant Resident Services Program. Our Resident Services are designed to build community and help our residents maintain their housing stability, increase their quality of life, and access opportunities. IHI currently provides Resident Services at 12 housing sites in the Portland metro area. Learn more about Innovative Housing and its Resident Services program at www.innovativehousinginc.com.
IHI is seeking a Resident Services Coordinator to facilitate services in the Portland area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to working with populations that face various barriers to housing and is committed to IHI’s mission. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Spanish speaking required.
This position primarily facilitates weekly services which include the following:
• Identify service needs of residents.
• Help residents access social services, community resources, higher education, employment supports, etc.
• Plan, publicize and facilitate on-site community building events and activities.
• Provide eviction prevention services including development of budgets and payment plans.
• Communicate and coordinate with community partners and other onsite agencies.
• Complete general office duties related to position (emailing, phone calls, outreach, flyer making etc.).
• Provide additional duties and services for residents as necessary.
We’re looking for an independent, self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual who:
• Is committed to IHI’s mission.
• Has experience and/or a desire to work with low-income populations.
• Has experience working with diverse populations.
• Has experience working within a trauma informed framework.
• Is comfortable and experienced working with individuals who have mental/physical disabilities.
• Is comfortable and experienced working with children in group settings.
• Is comfortable and experienced working with people who have a history of substance abuse.
• Is able to multi task and manage a fast-paced work environment.
• Has familiarity with local service agencies and resources.
• Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Is comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and general internet usage.
• Has the ability to lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable moving heavy objects.
• Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insured personal vehicle (this is required).
Compensation: $38,000-42,000 annual salary and competitive benefits.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org