The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF; the Foundation), located in Princeton, N.J., is the largest philanthropy in America dedicated solely to health. Since 1972, we have focused on developing and promoting innovations in health and healthcare to improve the lives of millions. In partnership with others, we are working toward a nation that is rooted in equity, compassion, and repect. A nation that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity to thrive, no matter who they are, where they live, or how much money they have. This requires addressing many harmful obstacles to well-being, including poverty, powerlessness, and discrimination.
We take seriously our responsibilities seriously, and we pledge to work in ways that reflect our Guiding Principles. These are rooted in equity and influence everything we do at RWJF. Equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration allow our staff’s wide range of experiences, passions, and perspectives to enrich our work and strengthen our ability to address our nation’s most pressing health issues. The Foundation offers a collaborative, collegial, and creative work environment. With a career at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, you will make a difference.
Reporting to the digital Communications manager, the digital associate facilitates the execution of social content and manages daily upkeep of the Foundation’s social media profiles. The associate will lead the Foundation’s defensive monitoring, social listening, and digital insights gathering for response management and engagement opportunities. An exceptional writer for digital platforms, the associate will have experience with social media platforms and understand the best practices that fuel successful digital marketing campaigns that can bring digital strategy to life. Associates are based in the Foundation’s Princeton, N.J. office.
All staff are expected to demonstrate a passionate commitment to equity and the Foundation’s vision, values, and Guiding Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Help write and prepare social media contributions that engage, inform, and inspire the Foundation’s followers to seek the change needed that ensures everyone in America has a fair and just opportunity for health and well-being. Make certain RWJF’s voice is consistent across channels.
- Plan, schedule, and tag social content in Sprout Social.
- Lead efforts behind defensive monitoring and strategically grow RWJF’s social listening effort, producing insights and developing digital insights into our audiences. Monitor mentions and engagement across social accounts and posts.
- Lead response protocols or triaging. Work with digital Communications manager to oversee responses and share listening and insight reports.
- Review data to stay informed on the performance across social channels, stay current on digital communications best practices, and share new ideas and opportunities to deliver more impactful and inspirational experiences for RWJF followers.
- Use analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of our social media activities for their impact and for future campaign development.
- Help encourage the use of social media as an instrumental tool for RWJF’s public relations activities.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Perform other related duties and projects, as assigned.
- Commitment to racial and health equity and the Foundation’s vision, values, and Guiding Principles.
- At least three (3) years of digital experience managing social media profiles for mid- to large-size organizations or brand.
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in an environment of collaboration and teamwork and passion for building community and relationships.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, an excellent project manager with a voracious appetite for learning about the latest digital communications trends and platforms.
- Experience with social media management tools, particularly Sprout Social.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and analytics knowledge.
- Ability to foster an inclusive environment working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), oral presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver projects within a given time frame.
- Demonstrated maturity and seasoned judgment; ability to make decisions, justify recommendations, take responsibility for decisions and be responsive and clear.
- Positive attitude, dedicated team player who considers others’ opinions, anticipates potential impacts on other groups, and adapts to change effectively.
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills that reflect quality.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve problems; gather and analyze information. Develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations. Ability to demonstrate innovative and analytical approaches to resolutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field (e.g., Communications, Business, Marketing) or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The associate will perform job duties in a typical business office environment. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment. Will be required to attend meetings, potentially both in-person and off-site via phone or videoconference.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and letter of interest.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented applicants.