TRC Advanced Energy consulting services is seeking an experienced Energy Efficiency Marketing Strategy Manager in our Portland, OR office who will collaborate regularly with regional marketing teams throughout the West region. The Energy Efficiency Marketing Manager has the primary responsibility to lead all West region marketing strategy development, team resource planning and support client account management work. This position works closely with internal and external resources, as well as with Program managers and senior leadership.
Goals include: empowering sales and operations with effective marketing strategies and relevant marketing activities to engage prospects, creating brand awareness in the marketplace and assisting the client in reaching their marketing goals.
- Collaborate with the client's marketing team and TRC's Marketing and Business Development teams, and other stakeholders, to create key strategic initiatives.
- Develop annual program marketing plans
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Outreach and Operations personnel to turn customer stories into sales enablement materials, including case studies, references, and social media content.
- Collaborate with market analysts to develop targeted content and campaigns for specific client outreach or market expansion initiatives.
- Act as a brand evangelist, edit public-facing content including product collateral, web text, blog posts and email blasts, to maintain clarity and consistency with TRC's messaging and brand voice.
- Support events strategies, tradeshow plans, webinars, workshops and other client-facing activities to support the program's strategic objectives.
- Measure the results of marketing initiatives and develop reports that demonstrate their value to the business.
- Participate in quarterly strategic planning sessions and lead all marketing and communications initiatives generated in the process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience working in marketing or business development functions within an Engineering, Design, and Construction consulting services firm.
- Experience with Energy Efficiency Outreach Programs is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience leading a team and managing marketing staff with varied experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively with client stakeholders.
- Ability to develop high-level, annual marketing and sales plans in accordance with overall program objectives.
- Strong analytical abilities with excellent project and time management skills; creative problem-solver/solution-finder.
- Ability to take general information/facts and apply creative thinking to develop interesting stories that engage audiences in a variety of formats, including written and verbal content and video.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a strong team setting and to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of technical staff, as well as with peers and management.
- Excellent writing skills, including copywriting and proofreading experience.
- Experience developing web and digital marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with communications and marketing tools, technology and platforms (CRM systems, Sharepoint sites, project management platforms, etc.).