All cultures, races, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities are welcome at Boys & Girls Aid.????
Boys and Girls Aid:???
Children in foster care need families who know their history and are invested in their future.?Our mission is to make sure that every child in foster care grows up in a family. At Boys and Girls Aid, we operate under?our?Core Commitments,?teach and model healthy environments, relationships and help to cultivate the best opportunities for children.??
Why Boys and Girls Aid:??
- $2,500 sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Time Off, Health and Holiday Pay.?
- Commitment to your professional development with continued training in Trauma-Informed Care, attachment and other evidence-based?practices.??
STEP (Stabilization, Transition, Evaluation Program)?is an assessment program for female and male-identifying youth, ages 10-18, referred to Boys & Girls Aid as an alternative to justice involvement.?STEP offers services?to assist youth?succeed?academically and socially, then to?transition back home with skills and resources to positively move forward.??
What you'll do as a Relief Youth?Care?Counselor at STEP:??
You will provide individual and group?assistance?using?expectational?collaborative?problem solving and?engagement?skills.?You will also be expected to?work with youth using Trauma Informed Care (TIC) while maintaining strong boundaries and the same level of accountability as full-time staff.?Cultural humility and a social justice mindset are essential to this work. This position offers a great deal of flexibility in the hours per week you wish to work but maintains regular on-call shift times.
- Supervise?youth?and?role-model?expected?behavior?by?facilitating?appropriate communications,?model?and?develop?suitable problem?solving?and?conflict?resolution skills?for?youth.?
- Maintain?accurate documentation, records and files in accordance with quality assurance standards; including the documentation of?daily?activities and?provided services.?
- Construct developmentally appropriate?daily?activities?and provide?Individual?and?Group Skill?Building?activities?on-site and in the community.??
- Provide?on time?and?accurate?distribution?and?documentation?of?prescription?medications?for?youth. Maintain?efficient?scheduling?and?transportation?of?youth?to?medical,?dental?court hearings?and?other?necessary?appointments.?
- Plan and follow through on details to meets the interests of youth and implement behavior management systems (point sheets, level systems, etc.).
- Two (2) years of?professional or lived?experience in a social services, mental health or care giving setting working with youth?OR??Bachelor's?degree in relevant field (social work, psychology, sociology) and one (1) year relevant experience.?
- Requires?the ability to drive a 12-passenger van.?
- Maintain First Aid and CPR certifications?(Boys and Girls Aid will provide initial certification).??
- Must possess a valid driver's license from state of residence (Oregon or Washington), personal automobile liability insurance, and pass a DMV driving record check.?
- Must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination, may be granted religious or medical exemption with proper documentation.
- A mask?as?Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to perform this job safely.?
Note:?This?job?description?is?representative?of the?major position?requirements?and is not?intended?to?be?all-inclusive.?