Title: Programs Team Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full time, Exempt
Salary Range: $52,998 - $75,260 REACH practices an equity pay philosophy that includes reviewing knowledge, skill, effort, responsibility, and working conditions in the performance of work.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
REACH believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Resident Services department goal is to support families’ and individuals’ success in REACH housing and in improving their economic stability. This position will work to oversee the Programs team as well as lead the team’s work on digital access and programming. Work will focus on the implementation, management, and evaluation of the Resident Services programs, develop new tools and resources, directly supervises staff ensure that current programs are both following policies and procedures and meeting the needs of current residents. They will monitor budgets and develop partnerships and collaborations beneficial to REACH residents; innovation, a strong working knowledge of digital tools & technology and program development for both youth and adult programming will be needed.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services for effective delivery of high quality programs and services. Assess and refine programs and outcome measures. Specifically work around digital divide, moving programs online and support around resident digital communication.
- Collect and analyze program data and create accurate and timely reports on program progress and produce reports as required for senior staff, committees, and board.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations to deliver high quality, cost effective programs and services for residents. Will be the primary contact for CASA and will expand the Financial Education program in a digital format.
- Hire, train, and supervise Resident Services staff on the Programs team. Work with Resident Services Managers to oversee monthly staff meetings. Conduct annual evaluations of staff. Work with staff to develop annual work plans to ensure department and organizations goals are met.
- Work with staff to ensure strong communication and collaboration with Resident Services Coordinators and Property Management staff. Ensure that staff works closely with RS team to create programs that meet resident’s needs.
- Work with other co-managers and department director to develop and maintain effective team processes, facilitate communication and feedback with-in the team.
- Work with department director to develop Programs team budgets. Track expenses to ensure budgets are met.
- Ability to practice cultural humility when interacting with co-workers and clients of diverse ethnic religious, political, and cultural backgrounds and sexual or gender identities, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with program management and evaluation, budgeting, and supervision.
- Experience and skill in conflict management, trauma informed care, and working with low-income and special needs populations.
- Experience with using digital tools and technology including online content development.
- Ability to lead and work as a team member.
- Possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
Education and/or Experience
- 3 years’ experience with program management, evaluation, and supervising staff
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social services, or other equivalent experience/certifications
- Demonstrated experience with digital technology and online content development.
- Experience in affordable housing and poverty issues.
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant laws helpful.
Benefits package: REACH offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
401(k) Retirement plan with employer match, FSA, Medical, Dental, EAP, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D, employee service recognition award system, paid holidays, PTO, personal days, and sick leave. REACH also injects fun and camaraderie into the workplace by organizing activities, contests, and special events for our staff.
**Benefit coverage begins for FT/PT employees on the first of the month after hired, excluding 401(k) plan, other terms apply**
Want to learn more? Apply here:
**FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE**