The Portland Metropolitan Association of Realtors® is a non-profit trade association providing professional development, advocacy and other services to help Realtors® thrive and succeed in their business. We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to fill a vacancy in our communications team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position helps promote the value of our organization to our 8,000+ members. The Communication Coordinator is responsible for implementing the organization’s digital strategy across several online platforms and playing a key role within the organization’s Communications Team. The ideal candidate will be accustomed to working independently in a fast-paced environment and supporting co-workers in achieving their goals. Ideal candidates will have experience working in a professional communications environment, including writing and designing original content, and packaging this content for a suite of digital communications platforms.
- Implement the organization’s digital strategy to strengthen our online presence and increase member engagement.
- Work with the Realtor® Advocacy & Communication Strategist to develop compelling copy, graphics and visual content for PMAR’s social media; Monitor and respond to comments.
- Responsible for producing high-quality graphics, videos and photos for use in digital and print media. Additional tasks may include creating and producing Livestream events and podcasts.
- Collaborate with the Realtor® Advocacy & Communication Strategist to develop an annual communications plan and schedule and maintain a cross-platform editorial calendar.
- Track and interpret social media and web analytics.
- Collaborate with departments on website refresh and content updates, ensuring that key pages are up-to-date and engaging.
- Draft, edit and design e-newsletter and content for fact sheets and event fliers.
- Ensure brand integrity, quality and consistency across all communication and marketing efforts meet PMAR’s style guide and graphic standards.
- Maximize SEM, SEO, PPC and social media marketing to ensure optimized placement of content throughout digital media channels.
- Work closely with all departments on creating compelling digital content for external audiences.
- Maintain a highly coordinated asset management system for images and videos.
- Stay current on marketing industry standards and innovation through a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written communications skills; ability to present materials in a professional manner; strong grammar and spelling
- Basic HTML and CSS experience preferred
- Website maintenance and management experience required (WordPress, Elementor, WPEngine hosting management, Gravity Forms, Modern Events Calendar, WooCommerce, Authorize.net)
- Experience with desktop publishing software including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and other Adobe Creative Suite products
- Knowledge of Canva design platform
- Experience with Constant Contact, MailChimp or similar online contact systems
- Experience with video production
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working successfully under deadlines
- Ability and initiative to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with volunteers or committees preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of MAC OSX
PMAR offers an excellent package of employee benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, life insurance, employer-sponsored short-term and long-term disability coverage, parking, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match, vacation, paid sick and holidays.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of Covid vaccination will be required.