Do you strive to provide quality, integrated care for your community? Are you passionate about working with a collaborative team? LifeWorks NW also qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
The Mental Health Therapist assesses, diagnoses, and treats adults experiencing mental health issues in an outpatient setting. Provides consultation with a larger integrated team of providers to support care.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Rockwood site. Pay/Benefits: $29.92 starting hourly pay, plus pro-rated comprehensive benefits.
- Responsible for client evaluation including initial intake interview, formulating diagnosis, identifying appropriate treatment services. Obtain necessary releases, notify client, significant other(s), care givers and care providers of diagnosis and initial recommendations and complete written narrative of evaluation.
- Develops therapeutic treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, strengths and needs. Treatment plans will be evidence based using clinical experience and knowledge and will have measurable goals and objectives based on the diagnosis and will specify type, frequency, intensity, timeframes of outcomes and duration of therapy. Treatment plans will client driven, and follow-ups will be completed on time, assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Counsel individuals and groups to help them understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans. Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- May be responsible for service coordination. Coordinate/collaborate with physicians, staff, families, caregivers, etc. Maintain chart notes related to external contracts, obtaining pertinent records from other treatment and tracking client's involvement, follow-through and progress in varied treatment activities. Document all services and contacts provides related t treatment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or treatments and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, modifying plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- This position requires a valid and active QMHP credential certification through MHACBO or a valid and active status (licensed or registered intern) with an approved Oregon licensing board.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a mental health related field.
- Preferred 1 year experience in broad range of clinical interventions and mental health assessment specific to the client population. Recent graduates accepted.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain case management in accordance with federal, state and/or funding source requirements as well as LifeWorks NW policies and procedures.
- Compliance with federal and state confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population is helpful.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09