Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Blackburn Center is seeking a Case Manager for the Recuperative Care Program!
Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
The RCP Case Manager works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and care coordination for medically vulnerable adults facing homelessness upon discharge from the hospital.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8.00am-4.30pm
Duties will include:
- Perform welfare checks and charting on participants enrolled in the Recuperative Care program. Participate in the day to day operations of the Recuperative Care Program.
- Review hospital charts and medical records and obtain releases from RCP participants to gather collateral information.
- Create patient charts and update electronic medical records in a timely manner with patient interactions, appointments and encounters.
- Coordinate services available to Recuperative Care participants.
- Observe participant behavior and record observation either in chart and/or communication log.
- Report and follow direction of immediate supervisor in the event of crisis or emergency situation.
- Communicate during shift change meeting, including but not limited to, room check and successful hand off of tasks.
- Conduct room checks in all participant rooms as required throughout shift and document appropriately.
- One year + experience working in medical clinic, hospital, or other healthcare setting.
- Medical Case Management/Care Coordination/Recuperative Care experience preferred. Those with relevant lived experience are encouraged to apply.
- Must have current Healthcare Provider CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain before the first day of employment.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit and the ability obtain ID-Badge at Partner Hospitals.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.