Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Letty Owings Center is seeking an On-Call Child Care Provider!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, either 7am-330pm or 8-430pm. Half shifts also available.
On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
Duties to Include:
- Care for infants/children in a positive and nurturing manner.
- Provide for safety and security of infants/children.
- Encourage a spirit of hospitality, organization and friendliness with clients; be a positive nurturing role model for clients. May be needed to teach and/or role model care of infants/children to clients who may need hands-on assistance.
- Be knowledgeable about each infant's formula needs and any special needs each infant may have.
- Be aware of any allergies, special needs of any of the children in your care.
- Clean and arrange the child care space to fit the children's needs.
- Assist nursing mother’s breastfeed their children in the nursery in between treatment groups
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee.
- Experience with low and no-income women and women with children who are recovering from alcohol and drug use.
- Experience and knowledge in working with children from dysfunctional family systems.
- Have or able to obtain Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification prior to start date.
- Prior to employment, must be approved by the State of Oregon Employment Department Child Care Division. Must complete consent for criminal records identification check pursuant to ORS 181.537. This program receives funds from the Federal Child Care Development Fund block grant via a contract with the Child Care Division for Alcohol & Drug Abuse Programs.
- Physical ability to lift and raise up to 30 pounds, 4 feet off the ground multiple times each shift.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. Must be approved by the Childcare Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive employer match!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.