Central City Concern (CCC) is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions in the Portland metro area. We hire skilled and passionate people to meet our mission to end homelessness through innovative outcome-based strategies that support personal and community transformation.
The Case Manager I work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management. The team works to assist clients in addressing?all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing, accessing employment and educational opportunities. The Case Manager I provide skilled services to the program’s clients.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
TITLE: Case Manager I - Supportive Transition and Stabilization (STS)
HOURS: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management support to clients.
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent.
- Develop strengths-based service plans with client.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and case conferences with team members in order to utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate individual service plans.
- Conduct educational and support groups using approved curriculum.
- Collaborate with residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to coordinate residential and non-residential service planning.
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care.
- Monitor and assure health and safety needs of clients are met.
- Coordinate services with all members of client’s support network.
- Maintain client records as required by program standards and funding requirements.
- Provide holiday coverage as necessary.
- Work within scope of training and experience and seek consultation when appropriate.
- Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.? Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access.? This includes immediate reporting of any PHI breach of CCC or outside provider health records to the CCC Legal and Quality departments, as well as to the program administrator.
- Participate in training opportunities to advance skills and knowledge in addictions, mental health, and criminality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge and skills in engaging and supporting individuals and groups.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, individual clients, and groups.
- Ability to work as a team member and to establish priorities.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply principles to new situations.
- Ability to display a non-judgmental attitude.
- Knowledge of community and social service agencies.
- Apply basic knowledge and skills in recovery treatment methods.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in an environment where people may be hostile or abusive.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work courteously and effectively with the general public, clients, medical personnel, corrections personnel, police, and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Apply knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience working in a behavioral health recovery environment.
- Understanding of recovery terminology and ability to apply the concepts.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must have two (2) years of continuous sobriety at date of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day
- Must carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phones will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy.? Must pass an initial driver’s training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1styear, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short-Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14, and 21.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position.
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding considering criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.?
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER