Letter from the Project Lemonade Leadership Team
Project Lemonade’s continued growth has created the opportunity for a Development Director to join us in making Project Lemonade even more impactful on the lives of foster youth. Over the years, we have built a team of compassionate and skilled Board Members, staff and volunteers and have been recognized as one of Oregon’s Most Admired Nonprofits by Portland Business Journal. We have a bold vision to deepen our mission to inspire self-esteem in foster youth, and the Development Director will play a key role in expanding our impact.
We are looking for a partner with a proven track record of fundraising success who is ready to champion our unique mission. What does success look like for a Project Lemonade Development Director? We envision a thriving development program built on an engaged donor community, authentic relationships, and passionate communication, propelling the success of our mission. If this sounds like the right challenge for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Our core values guide our decisions, including whom to hire. We look for people who already embody them:
- Puts foster youth at the center of all we do. Understands the needs and experiences of foster youth.
- Brings a positive and compassionate approach to our relationships. Works collaboratively with Board, Managing Director, volunteers and other staff in the spirit of cooperation and consensus-building.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the organization.
- Builds on strengths and encourages a growth mindset. Displays leadership in challenging situations
Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing fundraising strategies and activities that enable Project Lemonade to meet revenue goals and fulfill our mission.
- Develop annual fundraising and communications plan that meets revenue and outreach goals
- Generate revenue through relationship-based major donor development.
- Oversee and grow capacity of foundation grants, events and corporate sponsorships
- Coordinate fundraising events with support of staff and volunteer committees
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and practices to ensure excellence and legal compliance
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board in effective growth of the organization
We will hire the person with the best combination of the following skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5 years minimum professional experience in fundraising
- Proven track record of executing successful fundraising techniques, particularly donor relationships and major gift fundraising.
- Desire to work for a small organization in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent team player and collaborator
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a youth-serving nonprofits
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation: Salary of $65,000 - $70,000/yr. (Full-time, exempt)
- Benefits include health care reimbursement plan and flexible PTO
About Project Lemonade
Project Lemonade is a Portland nonprofit with a mission to inspire self-esteem in foster youth. We operate a clothing store where foster youth shop for free clothes through a welcoming clothes shopping experience. In addition to our store, we offer paid internships for foster youth ages 16-24 and a WISH-granting program that helps foster youth find their gift. Project Lemonade has served over 15,000 foster youth from 28 counties in Oregon and SW Washington since being founded in 2012.
How to Apply
Send (1) resume, (2) cover letter and (3) two supplemental questions (below) to email@example.com - or - directly through Macslist/Indeed job portals.
- What connects you to our mission?
- What is your fundraising philosophy?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning March 15th, 2021. Position open until filled. We will contact you if we believe your qualifications and values align with Project Lemonade’s vision for this role. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Project Lemonade is an Equal Opportunity Employer