OCF requires its employees to be fully vaccinated and receive the booster (when eligible) for COIVD-19 prior to entering an OCF office. Unless you have applied for and been approved for an OCF exemption/accommodation prior to your start date, proof of vaccination will be required prior to entering an OCF office.
Oregon Community Foundation
Talent Acquisition and Development Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Since 1973, the Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. The Foundation invites Oregonians with different perspectives to come together around the shared value of giving back. We work with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. Our headquarters are in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
The Talent Acquisition and Development Manager (TAD Manager) works closely with the HR Officer in the strategic recruitment and development of a diverse, talented team of professionals, and in the development and implementation of an internal learning program and platform that support employee growth and career development, including content and implementation. This position works closely with individuals across the organization.
We are in the process of assessing eligibility for hybrid work schedules for all of our positions right now. After the initial training period, this position will likely be assessed as having an option to work remotely one or more days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Hiring and Recruitment - Percentage of Time: 50%
- Manage the recruitment process, ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are centered as core values
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Officer and hiring managers to draft and update accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria, maintaining job descriptions electronically and consistent with formatting standards
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Manage job requisitions in the ADP applicant tracking portal; train hiring managers on use of recruitment software
- Responsible for job posting and advertisement processes
- Screen applications and select qualified candidates as necessary
- Convene and train recruitment panels on OCF recruitment processes and implicit bias in recruitment
- Collaborate with hiring managers regarding appropriate interview questions and testing, screening, and interview meeting preparation
- Schedule interviews; prepare interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Consult with the Human Resource Officer regarding starting salaries and work with the hiring manager to provide pertinent information for job offers
- Work with the HR Officer to prepare letters for new hires and promotions, as well as grant funded renewal position letters and temporary assignments; circulate letters for signature; and communicate to HR Coordinator when hiring processes are complete to initiate onboarding activities
- Manage contracts and placement orders for temporary agency personnel
- Respond to applicant inquiries regarding open positions and application status
- Serve as the OCF representative at job fairs as budgeted
- Comply with all HR related federal, state, and local legal requirements and remain current with new legislation relating to recruitment, mitigating organizational risk
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations relating to applicant data
- Adhere to all retention requirements for applicant and recruitment data
- Lead HR and special projects as assigned
Learning and Development - Percentage of Time: 40%
- Create and ensure high-quality, efficient, relevant, and equitable administration of a comprehensive employee training and development program designed to support employees at every level of the organization in realizing their full potential. Work with a diverse group of subject matter experts to identify learning objectives, design learning content, and evaluate training effectiveness. Provide advice and recommendations regarding staff training needs and resources. Incorporate an equity lens to all learning and development opportunities
- Create and maintain standardized materials, presentations, and learning approaches to ensure consistent and strategic foundation messaging
- Develop and utilize a system for evaluation of internal trainings and use findings to implement changes where needed
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for external training consultants
- In coordination with the HR Officer and Chief Financial and Operations Officer, plan and facilitate employee development activities including the (Super)Vision 2022 program, New Employee Orientations, Breakthrough trainings, and Harassment- and Discrimination-free Workplace training
- Coordinate with supervisors to ensure compliance with OCF’s Tuition Reimbursement program guidelines.
- Working with the VP-Equity and Culture, ensure training and development offerings align with OCF’s cultural and organizational values for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Research training opportunities and cost to support individual employee professional development plans
- Responsible for development and continuous improvement of OCF’s learning platform, its content, and functions
- Collaborate with OCF’s IT Department in identifying learning technology platforms and applications
- Provide guidance to employees and supervisors on OCF’s learning platform
- Collaborate with OCF’s IT Department to develop and maintain OCF’s Training and Development Filbert channel
- Provide reporting on training and development cost and other training data to the Chief Financial and Operations Officer and HR Officer as requested
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations; support compliance with all OCF privacy and security requirements
- Occasionally plan and facilitate internal trainings, as requested
Supervisory Responsibilities - Percentage of Time: 0%
- None at this time. May supervise contract, temporary, and regular staff members at a future date.
Marginal or Non-Essential Job Duties - Percentage of Time: 10%
- Performs other duties assigned
Required Cultural Values: In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict, and take action.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years’ HR generalist experience, including experience developing and administering training and development programs and hands-on recruitment experience
- Proven background in crafting innovative recruiting techniques focused on increasing diversity in the applicant pool
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field. Active SHRM-CP or PHR preferred. An equivalent level of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Strong knowledge of federal laws impacting hiring and selection processes
Required Professional Competencies
- A drive toward continuous improvement and creative approaches to attracting and engaging talent from underrepresented groups
- Ability to engage with diverse staff, leadership, and external entities to promote trust and collaboration; ability to work as a team member and independently; ability to remain solution-focused and respectful in all interactions with staff, leadership, and external entities
- A demonstrated value for empathy, active listening, and striving to understand and care about people, while celebrating diverse perspectives and lived experiences
- Ability to think proactively and strategically about OCF’s employees’ diverse learning needs, strategize, and make recommendations that support employee growth and career development as well as the business needs of the Foundation
- Ability to develop and facilitate training and development programs using an equity lens, and coordinate with training vendors as appropriate; comfort presenting to groups and talking with individuals and groups in person and via electronic platforms; knowledge and awareness of budget considerations
- Knowledge of local training resources and/or how to find them
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to manage time and meet deadlines under pressure and with great detail; strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and organize large amounts of information
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork
- Exemplary ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate discretion and tact, and exercise superior judgment
- Ability to perform all of the facets of the position, including the planning, implementation, and administrative elements of OCF’s recruitment and learning and development initiatives
- Proficiency with MS Office products and HRIS systems (Database, Recruitment Software). Experience with electronic learning and development systems a plus
- Cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams, and communities
- Valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This job is typically performed under very comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job. Job duties are performed in an office setting or indoor meeting rooms and include:
- Keyboarding proficiency and basic computer work requiring use of keyboard for several hours at a time
- Ability to sit or stand for several hours at a time
- Lifting and carrying required in transporting items to, setting up, and disassembling displays at job fairs and at other times as needed
The amount of effort typically applied and the frequency of application: (Whereas, the following refers to lifting, any equivalent effort may be substituted.)
Less than 1 pound – Effort applied 40-70% of time
Between 1 and 5 pounds – Effort applied 15-40% of time
Between 5 and 25 pounds – Effort applied less than 15% of time
Between 25 and 60 pounds – Effort applied less than 15% of time.
Effort typically applied while sitting, standing, walking, stooping, and bending.
Travel – Percentage of Time: 5%
Requires periodic travel for job fairs, and on occasion to attend workshops and conferences. May travel to OCF regional offices periodically, as needed
Safety: Support a safe work environment by performing work duties safely and according to procedures. This includes reporting all injuries, illnesses or accidents sustained while working to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the occurrence or within 24 hours of the injury, illness or accident, and reporting any accident involving OCF vehicles, equipment, or other property, regardless of the nature of the accident, to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the accident.
Attendance Requirements: Regular punctuality and attendance are required. Work outside normal business hours is occasionally required to meet deadlines and work volume.
Compensation and Benefits: This is an exempt, full-time position. The hiring range for this position is $73,868 to $83,102, DOE. Salary offers are determined in conjunction with an internal pay equity assessment.
Our excellent benefit package includes generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental coverage, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare pre-tax savings accounts, employer-paid disability and life. Employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, professional development opportunities, and much more!
To Apply: The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
To be considered for this position, please provide a letter of interest addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and a copy of your most recent resume. Apply online at https://oregoncf.org/about/careers/