Central City Concern (CCC) is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions in the Portland metro area. We hire skilled and passionate people to meet our mission to end homelessness through innovative outcome-based strategies that support personal and community transformation.
Clean lobbies, hallways, offices, bathrooms, exterior grounds and common areas. Clean windows, floors, countertops, elevators, appliances, fixtures, and other building components. Sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and polishing. Clean sidewalks and other outside public areas as directed. Polishing floors, cleaning carpets and pressure washing exterior surfaces. Identify pests such as roaches, bed bugs, ants and rodents. Report pest issues to appropriate staff. Maintain work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner. Complete all necessary paperwork. Order and receive supplies and equipment. Attend all required meetings and training. Adhere to safety procedures.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED SENIORITY BID CLOSE DATE: 7-24-23
JOB TITLE: Program Janitor I- HOUSING (TURNOVER JANITOR) REPRESENTED
HOUR Saturday - Wednesday 7:30AM to 4:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Clean lobbies, hallways, unoccupied offices, bathrooms, common areas and residential rooms.
- 2. Clean windows, floors, countertops, elevators, appliances and fixtures.
- 3. Sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and polishing.
- 4. Lead and train trainees and on-call workers on the crew.
- 5. Assist with janitorial duties at various locations.
- 6. Clean sidewalks and other outside public areas as directed.
- 7. Polishing floors, cleaning carpets and pressure washing exterior surfaces.
- 8. Identify pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
- 9. Spray for and remove pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
- 10. Perform follow-up clean up after pest sprays, including vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested property.
- 11. Maintain work areas and vehicles in safe, clean and orderly manner.
- 12. Complete all necessary paperwork.
- 13. Deliver supplies and equipment.
- 14. Inventory, label and store tenant’s properties.
- 15. Attend all required meetings and training.
- 16. Adhere to safety procedures.
- 17. Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security regulations applicable to the program, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER DUTIES:
- 1. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2. Ability to use cleaning agents such as soap, polish, disinfectants, etc.
- 3. Ability to learn how to operate various cleaning equipment, i.e. extractors, buffers, power washers, vacuums, steam cleaners.
- 4. Ability to recognize, identify and remove pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
- 5. Ability to learn applicable safety policies and procedures, including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and the ability to apply workplace and job-site safety standards.
- 6. Knowledge of proper chemicals and application of chemicals specific to pest control and bio-hazard clean ups.
- 7. Ability to identify bio-hazard situations and clean in accordance to OSHA standards and regulations.
- 8. Ability to walk, bend, stoop, lift, and carry 10 to 20 pounds frequently.
- 9. Ability to do overhead work.
- 10. Ability to interact courteously with the general public on the telephone or in person.
- 11. Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- 12. Ability to complete all necessary paperwork.
- 13. Ability to comprehend and apply written and oral instruction.
- 14. Ability to work in all adverse weather conditions including but not limited to rain, wind, heat, cold, snow, and ice.
- 1. Must have at least six months experience in interior and exterior janitorial cleaning and pest control.
- 2. Must be trained or be able to be trained in bio-hazard cleanup.
- 3. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- 4. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background check. Must have the ability to work in all C.C.C. Housing buildings and outside locations.
- 5. Ability to adhere to Central City Concern’s drug-free workplace which encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- 6. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
- 7. Valid driver's license preferred. If required to drive, must pass a DMV background check, and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. And if required to drive, must pass an initial driver's training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
- 8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
- 9. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs, carry 10 to 30 pounds frequently.
- 10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- 11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1styear, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short-Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14, and 21.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position.
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding considering criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER