Blanchet House has an exciting opportunity for development professionals! We are expanding our Development Team in preparation for Blanchet House’s 70th Anniversary Capital Campaign. The campaign will support infrastructure updates at Blanchet Farm and a new transitional housing facility for women. This is in addition to our expanding development effort and activities aimed at supporting our crisis response services reaching houseless and food insecure community members all over Portland.
Blanchet House of Hospitality is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our dedicated team serving housing and food insecure members of our community. Founded in 1952, Blanchet House is a nonprofit social service agency whose mission is to feed, shelter, and aid those in need of compassionate, supportive restoration. In addition to serving three meals per day, six days a week at our downtown Portland location, Blanchet House shelters and assists homeless men in their transformation to self-sufficiency. We also operate Blanchet Farm, a 62-acre working farm in Yamhill County where men participate in 12-step/peer support recovery. Blanchet House of Hospitality takes pride in providing a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for everyone in our community.
As a member of the Development Team, the Development Coordinator supports Blanchet House’s development and fundraising efforts by performing a variety of essential tasks involving project management, data management, donor relations, prospect research, and work that supports the organization’s strategic communications.
Eligible benefits include health/dental/vision coverage for the employee; participation in a Simple IRA program with employer match; parking and cell phone stipend; a work anniversary bonus; and generous Paid Time Off. Some benefits require employee contribution based on FTE.
This position is eligible for remote work arrangements consistent with Blanchet House’s COVID-19 Policies and Protocols.
- Supports fundraising events and projects, including the annual Blanchet House Lend a Helping Hand Brunch, ongoing and special campaigns, and donor engagement events.
- Responds to donor questions about giving history and supporting Blanchet House.
- Serves as Database Manager and promotes overall data integrity, reports, gift and demographic data entry, and overall system usage; utilizes database systems to track donations and create acknowledgments.
- Executes the gift entry process, which includes accurately recording pledges and gifts, preparing matching gift submissions, preparing and mailing acknowledgement and pledge reminder documentation, producing monthly gift reports, updating and correcting donor contact records, recording and processing banking deposits, and supporting marketing department efforts to track donation origin and evaluate return on investment.
- Coordinates with the Office & Operations Manager to ensure that deposits are prepared regularly and that required bookkeeping reports are produced monthly.
- Uses the database to track foundation and corporate grants, recording application materials, deadlines, payment schedules, and required reports.
- Produces necessary reports, mailing lists, and donor lists as scheduled and as requested.
- Produces reports and donor lists for financial reports and projects, including annual 990 filings and financial audits, the Annual Report, and year-end giving acknowledgment and documentation.
- Record and track stewardship plans and moves for prospective and current donors.
- Collaborates with Development Team to conduct prospect research and wealth on current and prospective donors with the goal of creating a donor profile.
- Supports and initiates process and tool improvements within their scope of work.
- Assists with scheduling donor meetings and briefings.
- Supports the creation of key print and digital donor communications.
- Two years of non-profit development or fundraising experience.
- Two years of experience with donor databases or constituent relationship management systems, preferably Salsa, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, or a similar database.
- Familiarity with GreaterGiving, GiveLively, and other event-based platforms.
- Confident with technology and willing to learn how to use new databases and online tools.
- Experience working with a senior ranking member of a management team, managing multiple demands, and changing priorities.
- Experience with publication and design software applications such as Microsoft Publisher, Canva or Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders and when working with people with different backgrounds and life experiences.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills, along with excellent problem-solving skills, with a consistent, solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent judgement and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding campaign strategy, personnel issues, and other intellectual property.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and the ability to improve on existing processes/systems.
- Strong research, critical thinking, and analytic skills.
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail, a commitment to follow-through, and a high level of motivation while displaying readiness, optimism, and calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and conflicts.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel, and Teams Experience with G suite helpful.
- Ability to do basic math, including addition, division, multiplication, and subtraction.
Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Background check, drug screen, and proof of authorization to work in the United States required prior to hire.
Blanchet House of Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms Blanchet House of Hospitality’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
A complete job description can be found at https://blanchethouse.org/jobs/