Central City Concern is looking to hire on-call Mental Health Clinicians, QMHP
Schedule: On-Call. No set schedule. On Call employees must work at least once in every 6-month period to remain active on payroll. Hours are scheduled between Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm
The Mental Health Clinician, QMHP works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated behavior health treatment to individuals. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
Duties to include:
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent.
- Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Develop treatment plan with client.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and case conferences with team members in order to utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate individual treatment plans for clients.
- Participate in outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Participate in evaluating clients for risk of harm.
- Collaborate with Residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to provide necessary treatment services and coordinate residential and non-residential treatment and service planning.
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care. Client contact must be made within one working day of admission.
- Monitor and assure that the health and safety needs of clients are met.
- Maintain client records using an electronic medical record. Must be documented as required by program standards and funding requirements including documentation of clinical interactions, behavioral health assessments & individual service plans.
- Participate in regular supervision from the Clinical Supervisor, seeking additional supervision whenever necessary. Minimum requirement two hours of documented supervision per month.
- Master's degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health. Experience with severe mental illness (SMI) preferred. Must meet State guidelines for QMHP and be registered with the appropriate state board.
- CADC certification preferred
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain prior to start date
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy.? Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.? Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.