Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC is seeking a full time Health Services Screening Specialist
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
This position will be part of a community-driven HCV, HBV, and HIV screening and linkage-to-care project in multiple traditional and non-traditional settings within CCC services. The central goal of this intervention is to develop a sustainable case finding system for our emerging services-wide HCV elimination project. The Health Services Screening and Linkage-to-care Specialist (SLCS) will be responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of HIV/HCV/HBV screening and linkage to care interventions across CCC Health Services.
Duties will include:
- Direct provision of HIV/HCV/HBV services at Hooper Detox including performing phlebotomy, pre and post-test counseling, delivery of results and linkage to care (as well as at non-traditional health services as needed).
- Implement sustainable changes to existing systems to increase screening and linkage-to-care rates, transitioning current provider driven practices to automated practices where possible at OTC and at novel program sites.
- Participate in Outreach activities necessary to offer services and encourage participation in a non-coercive manner.
- Work collaboratively with the HCV treatment teams to identify potential barriers for accessing services.
- Provide support to the HCV treatment teams as needed to deliver client centered HCV treatment including assisting with patient workup, treatment monitoring and outreach.
- Data tracking including key program outcomes for quarterly reporting as per grant requirements.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner. Work closely with the Medical Records Department to electronically file and index clinical information into the patient’s chart.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in community health or one year experience working in community health combined with a Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services field (social work, public or community health, psychology) or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience working with homeless, low-income, or other vulnerable populations in a supportive role or at least one year experience working people living with HCV/HBV/HIV.
- Strong cultural awareness of people who use drugs and how this may affect or influence service delivery.
- Preferred experience: Previous experience conducting HIV and/or Hepatitis counseling and testing, including phlebotomy.
- Will be required to carry a cell phone for work use. Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and an annual recertification training.
- Must have current CPR certification before first day of employment
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB Test and background check.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution.
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities within this role. A full position description will be provided if invited to an initial interview.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.