Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Central City Concern is seeking a Development Project Manager to help further the mission of CCC!
The Development Project Manager or Senior Development Project Manager works as part of a team overseeing the acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction, and financing of residential and commercial real estate projects. Project managers are engaged with all aspects of project development, from the creation of the initial development concept serving specifically identified populations and CCC organizational needs, to project completion and lease up.
Duties Will Include:
- Planning, financing, and execution of a development pipeline which advances the organization’s mission.
- Oversee the implementation and development of mixed-use affordable housing and commercial projects including new construction and rehabilitation of existing buildings.
- Research and apply for all Low Income Tax Credit, public and private grants, green-building funds, and all other financial sources needed to build the project.
- Manage project progress to ensure on-time and on-budget project completion.
- Hire and manage project design and construction teams from preconstruction through project lease up and construction contract close out to facilitate the design and construction of developments per CCC requirements.
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience for Project Manager, 3-5 years for Senior.
- Experience in real estate development, construction or property management sufficient to perform the duties required of the position.
- Experience in the public or nonprofit sector preferred.
- For the Senior Project Manager, experience in project underwriting, Asset Management, Limited Partnership Legal Structures, and experience with multi-layered funding sources such as New Market TC’s, HTC,s CDBG, and HOME. Candidates should possess in depth knowledge of LIHTC regulations both at the state and federal level.
- Must possess a high degree of computer literacy. Experience with productivity software (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project) and building spreadsheets.
- Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and continued recertification training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background check.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
***Uploading a cover letter and resume to your application is preferred for this opportunity.***