Who We Are:
Through training and mentorship, we empower community members to stand up for abused and neglected foster children and champion their best interests in court. We dedicate our resources to recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers in order to provide quality advocacy to as many children as we can.
CASA for Children (CASA) supports nearly 500 volunteer court-appointed special advocates (CASAs) who serve and advocate for the best interests of abused, neglected and abandoned children under the protection of the Juvenile Dependency Court. This year 1,000 children will benefit from their tireless and tenacious work.
We are growing! With investment from foundation, corporate and individual funders as well as an increase in state funding, we are enhancing our ability to serve more children in the foster care system. We are in search of dynamic, thoughtful, and persistent individuals who are passionate about changing the lives of children.
Ideal candidates will understand the importance of family as well as the impact of trauma. They will also share our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey through personal learning and have a willingness to support CASA’s equity commitments. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our team.
Where You Will Work:
The CASA for Children office located inside the Juvenile Justice Center
1401 NE 68th Ave., Portland, OR 97213
Currently the position is mostly remote with the exception of onboarding and orientation. Starting in the fall our team will be returning to the office, with a flexible hybrid remote model of employment.
Who You Will Report To:
Director of Development and Communications
Full-Time, Exempt (salary)
Position Description: The Development and Marketing Manager represents CASA for Children in a professional manner, and serves as an important liaison with the community. They are a detail-oriented, articulate, self-directed and highly motivated individual. The Manager oversees the day to day internal and administrative functions of the department as it relates to the database oversight/gift acknowledgement process (including managing the Development Assistant), and plans for and executes all internal and external marketing communications - with a particular lens on DEI - on behalf of the entire organization
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assist with annual donor engagement efforts
- Manage Grants Master Tracking document
- Strategize and manage the YE Annual Appeal and Willamette Week Give!Guide Campaigns
- Manage day to day marketing and communications initiatives for the department, and assist Director with the development of annual marketing and communication strategies
- Manage data gathering, writing and editing of the annual report
- Strategize and develop event, general fundraising and year-end appeal collateral
- Update content on CASA for Children’s website and produce press releases
- Manage and execute tasks related to current TV and radio media campaigns, and assist Director with developing new potential TV and radio media campaigns and partnerships
Database Administration and Management
- Manage and develop Assistant responsible for all database gift entry + manage Development Intern(s)
- Provide event support as needed by the department
- Support Assistant Director of Development with the Ambassador Board
- Identify significant donor trends + create donor and campaign reports
Qualifications You Will Need:
- A combination of development and marketing experience, including previous experience and success in managing & executing fundraising appeals/campaigns targeted to small to mid-sized donors
- Previous supervisory or management experience of at least one colleague
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to create marketing materials, and drive messaging on behalf of the organization
- Competency in database management. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Greater Giving and similar databases preferred
- Skilled in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Wix (or other website platform) preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities You Will Need:
- Create and maintain a team environment. Give and welcome feedback. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Have the ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Support everyone's effort to succeed. Assume the best of other people's actions.
- Planning/Organizing: Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask, set priorities, meet deadlines, and prioritize/plan work activities. Use time effectively - set goals and objectives and demonstrate independent timekeeping skills. Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information
Other Things You Will Need:
- Successfully complete criminal justice and DHS abuse registry background checks (Note: CASA checks the criminal background of potential volunteers and employees in an effort to create a safe environment for staff, volunteer advocates and for the children we serve). Having a criminal record may not be an automatic disqualifier. CASA evaluates the results of each background check on a case-by-case basis for context and relevance to this job.
- Proof of U.S. residency
- Complete CASA’s“Knowing Who You Are” training in your first six months of employment
Your Salary and Compensation: Starting range for this position is $45,000-$50,000 (based on 2080 full time hours). Compensation includes a benefits package with medical (including mental health coverage), employee assistance program, dental, and disability insurance, retirement plan, and a generous paid time off and holiday schedule to support work/life balance
Special perks: Paid time off (PTO) is awarded so your full PTO for the year is available upon hire, we take extra days off at the end of the calendar year (outside of PTO) for a total of 19 holidays given annually, and CASA provides a 401(k) that matches employee deferrals up to 5% of salary.
How You Can Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com noting Development & Marketing Manager. Please let us know where you heard of the opening so we can gauge the success of our outreach efforts. Applications are reviewed as received, so apply early for the greatest consideration. The close date is October 1, 2021, but if we find qualified people, a candidate pool could be chosen sooner. We prefer not to receive phone inquiries.