Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC's Old Town Clinic is seeking a full time Referral Coordinator!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Old Town Clinic provides compassionate health care to people who might not otherwise get care, treating them with dignity and respect no matter how complex their care. Located in the heart of the Burnside neighborhood, patients can often get all the care they need in a single location.
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for coordinating specialty care for patients in need of external consultation and/or medical equipment devices as requested by the primary care provider. They are responsible for scheduling, tracking, and reporting on referrals. The Referral Coordinator will provide referral case management while exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy, and tact in patient interactions. They will act as liaison between Old Town Clinic and specialty clinics
Duties to include:
- Process patient referrals to specialty services and for durable medical devices.
- Obtain authorizations for patient referrals to specialist, diagnostic testing, procedures, and DME (durable medical equipment). Advise primary care provider if request is denied.
- Coordinate specialty referrals and financial assistance for uninsured clients.
- Assemble information concerning patient’s clinical background and referral needs, providing appropriate clinical documentation and authorizations to specialist prior to patient’s appointment.
- Process insurance authorizations for Acupuncture and Occupational Therapy services offered internally in collaboration with the billing department.
- Coordinate the usage of community-sponsored grants for exceptional patient services as they are offered.
- Assist patients in scheduling appointments with specialty providers or services.
- Act as point of contact and provide direct access to patients and providers with questions or concerns around specialty referrals or durable medical equipment.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related specialty appointments such as transportation or rescheduling appointments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with identified specialty providers and services.
- Input and track all referrals in EMR system.
- Review and maintain monthly referral tracking report to ensure referrals have been completed and consult reports have been received, reviewed by primary care provider and entered into patient’s EMR.
- Outreach and follow up on any incomplete referrals
- Utilize EMR/EHR online portals to local hospital systems in order to track referral progress and retrieve consult reports.
- Communicate with clinical care teams to keep them abreast of specific patients and changes in processes to referrals.
- One year experience in referrals or outreach in a medical setting
- Has the competencies necessary to: Communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand medical related terminology and perform confidently with computer software
- Must have current CPR certification before start date
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive employer match!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.