Data Integrity Manager
Youth, Rights & Justice, an innovative nonprofit based in Portland OR, is seeking a Data Integrity Manager to join our juvenile defense team.
Founded in 1975, YRJ is widely recognized as a leader in juvenile law. We provide court-appointed representation of children, youth, and parents involved in the foster care and juvenile justice systems—in both the trial and appellate courts. We also represent individual children and youth in school-related enrollment, special education, and disciplinary matters. On a larger scale, we work to improve the systems impacting our clients through education, legislative and administrative advocacy, class action litigation, publications, and training other lawyers and community partners.
Youth, Rights & Justice offers a competitive benefits package, including 15 days of vacation annually (increases to 20 days after two years); eight hours paid self-care time each month; paid sick and holiday time; medical, dental and vision plans; matching 401K retirement benefits and more.
We encourage diverse applicants and are aware of research indicating that many women and BIPOC individuals hesitate to apply if they don’t fully match all listed qualifications. We encourage you to consider this opportunity holistically and we commit to evaluating candidates for this opportunity holistically.
Status Classification: Regular full-time; exempt (hourly)
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $45,600-$64,296 annually, depending on experience
- Maintain quality and accuracy of data within existing database per YRJ procedure.
- Ensure database accuracy and completeness when opening/closing cases, assigning cases, and filing documents.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of data processes.
- Review confidential legal documents to identify relevant information about clients and related people to enter into database.
- Cultivate an understanding of the database system and serve as the point of contact for in office questions and trouble-shooting.
- Retain a current understanding of the state public defense contract terms regarding case credits, case weights, and case types.
- Record and reconcile information necessary to complete the state public defense reports according to the current contract terms.
- Collaborate with other management members to develop best practices and procedures regarding database management and trial operations.
- Provide supervision and oversight of data team.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development and capacity to work through an equity lens for equity and racial justice.
- Be committed to YRJ’s mission, vision, and values.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education and relevant training in law and related fields (paralegal, legal assisting, data entry, database management, business, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge and skills in data entry and database management
- Strong ability to work in a team with a variety of people and personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills in MS Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously
- High degree of attention to detail and organization
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Personal lived/living experience with child welfare or juvenile justice system, or of systemic inequity/oppression/or its root causes.
- Associates degree or above in related field preferred
Work Environment & Travel:
- YRJ has a hybrid office model, with the option to work remotely and in the office as needed.
Applications & Hiring Timeline
- To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews for applications received by Feb 3 will occur the week of Feb 6. Position will remain open until filled.