Vote OR Vote Organizer
Position locations may include Portland-Metro Area, Southern Oregon, Corvallis, Eugene, Salem, and Coastal areas.
The student-led, student-funded Oregon Student Association (OSA) was founded in 1975 to represent the collective needs of students at public universities and community colleges. We believe that every Oregonian deserves access to a quality, affordable college education, and that students should be involved in decisions that affect them. To better support the needs of students on a legislative level, OSA runs one of the largest voter engagement programs (the Vote OR Vote Campaign) in the country to make sure students are expressing their needs through the ballot.
OSA needs strong organizers and activist to join up as Vote OR Vote Organizers to help turn our civic engagement campaign into Oregon’s most successful drive ever to keep students registered, informed, and voting. Vote OR Vote Organizers will work directly on campuses student groups and student government to engage their peers in the electoral process.
This position reports to OSA’s Lead Vote Organizers. The Vote OR Vote Organizer will work primarily in the field, 90% of their time on campus. This is a temporary, full-time position that will run through November of 2018.
- Developing and executing campus voter registration, education, and get out the vote campaigns; leading registration, education, and GOTV efforts in the field
- Motivating lead students to reach Vote OR Vote 2018 goals
- Recruitment and retention of relevant community and student organizations to work toward campus goals
- Recruitment of committed student leadership and volunteers
- Training and skills development of volunteers
- Facilitation of a statewide series of candidate and ballot measure debates
- Providing technical and onsite support for voter registration, voter education, and recruitment to OSA events and functions
- Build strong relationships with student leaders, faculty members and other state holders on campus.
- Do intentional leadership development with students.
- Execute our Unite The Vote Program (Registering and educating students from marginalized communities)
Minimum qualifications for vote organizer positions:
- Understanding of grassroots organizing and electoral organizing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and detail-oriented.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and to travel.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual salary $28,000-31,000 (Vote OR Vote Organizers will be paid based on this annual salary for the months they are employed).
- Potential for bonuses depending on achievement of voter registration goals set throughout the Vote OR Vote 2018 campaign.
- Benefits include: Medical, AAA
Application must include:
· A cover letter that addresses your interest in the position and experience as an organizer.
- Your resume.
- Contact information for three references who can comment on your work, written and oral communication skills, and level of experience as it applies to the requirements of the position.
Position is open until filled. Priority Applications due August 23rd.
Submit applications by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Vote OR Vote Organizer” in the subject line.
Oregon Student Association is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.