Nonprofit Professionals Now is hiring for part-time, temporary staffing roles at local nonprofit organizations. By completing an application you become a part of our temporary staffing pool and we can match your skill sets with roles as we get requests from organizations. Note: We cannot guarantee you will get placed in a part-time role.
The most common positions available are Database Management, Data Entry, Event Logistics and Support, and Administrative Support roles such as Development Associate or Coordinator positions. We also receive requests for Executive Administrators, Finance/Bookkeeping Support and other unique roles.
The Ideal Candidate
We have found that the most successful candidates are entry to mid-level professionals, students, and retirees who are not seeking full-time work. Someone who is looking for long-term steady income from part-time work, the average placement is 2-4 months. If flexible, part-time work fits your lifestyle and schedule, please read more about the job requirements below.
Temporary employees can cover a wide-range of skills and support for a nonprofit, so the variety of skills may vary from position to position. A NPN staff member will communicate with you about the skills required for a role before you are placed.
For Database Roles:
6-months to 1-year of experience with data entry and specific database systems is preferred. More experience is generally better. If you have experience with DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce, you will be well-prepared for any of our data opportunities. Experience in other smaller, less common systems is also great.
Non Database Roles:
- 1+ years of experience in other areas of fundraising – events, annual fund, donor stewardship, etc.
- Other work experience or training that is applicable to the nonprofit sector
- Good references from previous employers for working independently, asking solid questions, and good customer service skills
- Able to work 15-30 hours per week. Some positions may require less hours.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Entry level positions start at $18 per hour and increase depending on experience level and skills required.
- Paid sick time (based on Oregon state law)
- Up to 24 hours of paid vacation annually
- 401k retirement plan with employer match (to be eligible you must work a minimum of 600 hours in a 6-month period)
If hired you will be an hourly, non-exempt, part-time employee with NPN as your employer, not the nonprofit where you are placed.
Most assignments are in the Portland metro area. Currently most assignments are a hybrid of onsite and remote work, but we also receive requests for in-person only and 100% remote positions.
If you are interested in applying for the NPN Temporary Staffing Pool, submit your resume, cover letter, and complete the application screening questions. In your cover letter, indicate why you are interested in temporary work and the type of position you are most interested in or think you would be best suited to.