Marketing and Communications Manager
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1326
Are you a marketing whiz with a passion for branding and nonprofit work? Do others describe you as people-oriented, strategic, creative, and tech savvy? If that’s a yes, come join our vibrant team!
In the Development Department we have fun, work hard, and make a difference every day. The right candidate will be comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment. They will enjoy communicating with employees, program leadership, board members, and vendors to help share the amazing work we do at Morrison!
The Marketing and Communications Manager supports the agency through branding, marketing, and strategic communications to support organizational outreach and fundraising activities. The Marketing and Communications Manager, in conjunction with the Director of Development and Planned Giving, is responsible for developing and executing marketing and design projects, content creation (including effective storytelling, writing copy, and editing for print and digital channels), and brand development.
A successful candidate must have prior experience with marketing and communications, advanced writing and editing skills, and a strong sense of design. They must also be able to maintain confidentiality with donor and prospect information, communicate effectively with internal and external constituents, and be able to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously with some supervision, including prioritizing, organizing tasks, and bringing projects to timely completion.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support Development and agency programs to create impactful and engaging content using graphic design, writing, social media, Wordpress, and Constant Contact.
- Collaborate with internal program stakeholders to develop and manage content for digital ad campaigns; work with external vendors to execute campaigns. Includes nominal use of Jotform, Google Analytics, and SEO tracking.
- Execute special campaigns (print or digital, as appropriate) for Development events, fundraising appeals, capital campaigns, and other fundraising projects.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Graduate Bachelor (4-year) degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with strategic messaging, marketing, and branding. Must have a digital portfolio of relevant marketing projects.
- Highly skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign).
- Professional social media content-generation experience.
- Wordpress or other website platform experience with strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Must pass a DHS background check
- Must meet agency driving requirements
- Work Monday through Friday at the administrative offices with some irregular hours outside of normal business hours (currently this position can be done remotely due to COVID-19).
- Travel between agency locations with possible meetings/presentations at other Morrison designated worksites and in the community.
- Experience with digital/social media advertising.
- Video-editing and illustration experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken.
Starting Pay Rate: $30.00 - $31.95 per hour
Benefits and Perks:
Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
We want to get to know you! The following materials are required for consideration:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (hyperlink preferred)
- Writing Sample
Please include these three materials in your application to demonstrate your skills with the following: graphic design, storytelling, copywriting and editing background in print and digital channels.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer