Assistant Executive Director
This position initially begins as the Assistant to the Executive Director, primarily with Development Director responsibilities leading to an agreed upon transition plan to become the Executive Director.
MarriageTeam is a faith-based, nonprofit training Christian couples as marriage coaches providing marriage coaching services. MarriageTeam has helped more than 2000 couples since 2006. Our vision is to provide effective and affordable Christian marriage coaching services nationally to strengthen and save marriages with biblically based coaching. MarriageTeam also works internationally with missionary organizations. Our relatively small size creates a collaborative and congenial work environment.
The Assistant Executive Director reports initially to the Executive Director and ultimately to the Board of Directors. This new position is part of the succession plan for the next Executive Director. Initially the Assistant will focus on fund raising and oversee an expanding development program consistent with the highest standards of biblical stewardship. This is a critical function supporting increased services across the country. The succession process will shift more to ministry leadership and management as time progresses.
- Cultivates and develops major donor relationships by planning, coordinating and conducting meetings with donors and perspective donors.
- Builds relationships on a clear understanding of donor values and interests while consistently stewarding these relationships for positive outcomes for all.
- Cares about donor values and their concern to make a difference. Offers information on legacy and estate giving as appropriate.
- Applies biblical principles of stewardship, fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the Christian nonprofit sector.
- Equips, encourages and cultivates personal solicitation by the Board and coach couples according to interests and capabilities.
- Encourages individuals, corporations, and foundations to contribute through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests.
- Ensures that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Ensures research, identification, and solicitation for significant partnerships and contributions for the general fund and special projects.
- Ensures fund-raising events are used to create donor engagement and support.
- Assures MarriageTeam is making consistent and timely progress in achieving the vision, mission, and long-range strategy for strengthening and saving biblically based marriages.
- Establishes strategic partnerships, working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community and national organizations and groups.
- Provides biblical based leadership for the board, staff, volunteers, and other constituents.
- Prays and leads prayer for staff, coaches, donors, and couples as appropriate demonstrating the love of Christ in difficult issues.
- Conveys MarriageTeam’s vision for the future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Leads the MarriageTeam staff in delivering the highest quality faith-based marriage coaching services.
- Promotes broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Maintains and builds relationships with national leaders in the marriage movement.
- Encourages staff and volunteer development and education.
- Implements the plans and policies authorized by the board. Keeps the board fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
- Ensures sound financial practices are followed.
- Is responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Publicizes the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Maintains official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the nonprofit and marriage coaching fields.
- Ensures that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a staff of top-quality people.
- Works with the staff and the board in preparing a budget; sees that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Conducts official correspondence of the organization, and executes legal documents with designated officers.
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum, Masters desired or equivalent experience in NPO management, business, counseling or human services field.
- Is willing to become ordained to perform marriages upon acceptance of this position.
- Five plus year’s senior management experience with nonprofit experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with data management skills.
- Demonstrated supervision and relationship skills.
- Solid record of setting and achieving goals.
- Creative and able to execute plans and collaborate as part of a team.
- Self-managed and self-directed.
- Attend coach training with spouse (two weekends).
- Participates in trainings and events outside normal working hours as required.
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Sign MarriageTeam Code of Ethics.
- Sign the MarriageTeam Statement of Faith.
- Sign the MarriageTeam Statement on Marriage and Sexuality.
- Experience in major donor development and fund raising.
- Certificate in coaching.
- Couple coaching experience.
Information and Application