Friends of the Children – Portland is looking for an extraordinary individual to support the most critical part of our work, our mentors “Friends”.
Friends of the Children is a nationally recognized, dynamic, non-profit mentoring organization serving children who face the biggest barriers in life. We are an independent member of a national network, founded 30 years ago in Portland, Oregon. We hire full-time, salaried Mentors to walk beside each child from kindergarten through high school graduation – 12+ years, no matter what!
This role is a 1099 Independent Contractor who will collaborate with our program leadership team around work schedule.
Scope of Work:
- Lead recurring monthly meeting with program team to discuss current youth/family/personal situations that the group feels comfortable sharing openly. Estimated 3 hours a month.
- Support individual members of the program team through 1:1 consultation. Estimated 3-4 hours a month.
- Supporting the program team with critical issues that may arise with our youth and families as they occur through email and phone conversations. Estimated 4-5 hours a month.
We are seeking an individual with an interest in non-profit work to help our organization serve our children and families. A successful LCSW Support person will have knowledge of the following:
- Trauma informed care
- Crisis intervention
- Supporting healthy closure/transitions
- Child development
- Motivational interviewing
- Collaborative problem solving
Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work Required
- LCSW License Required
- Experience working therapeutically with youth and families required
- Secondary trauma counseling experience preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS Office 365 skills, including ability to produce professional quality correspondence and reports
Invoices will be submitted to Friends –Portland monthly. Estimated 10-12 hours per month at your negotiated rate. Please submit your hourly rate with your application.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Friends of the Children – Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Friends of the Children is growing rapidly as communities across the country are experiencing the power of how “One” changes a child's story: One Friend. One Child. 12 ½ years. No matter what. #ThePowerOfOne