Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
Through the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) project and others, PATH is working with national malaria control programs across Africa to scale interventions to reduce malaria burden, as well as generate evidence and support planning for new strategies to accelerate toward elimination. A key area of emphasis is to improve the collection, reporting, and use of malaria surveillance data to support timely, accurate, and rationale decision-making to optimize the impact of interventions.
PATH seeks a Deputy Director for the MACEPA Project. The Deputy Director will serve as a key member of the MACEPA leadership team. They will support the day-to-day management and implementation of the MACEPA project - including advancing strategy, implementation, translation of evidence, and donor and partner communication. They will represent MACEPA at meetings and conferences with national and regional stakeholders, donors, and partner organizations.
- Develop and manage global, cross-functionally integrated project work plans, and associated implementation, monitoring and control processes
- Develop, implement, and manage systems to coordinate, track, analyze and communicate project progress on parallel activities across multiple countries
- Support and advise Project Director, and act as Project Director in their absence
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to provide regular operational oversight
- Communicate, coordinate, negotiate, and manage relationships with internal and external partners, donors, and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain regular communications with project team and stakeholders, lead routine global virtual meetings with project team and stakeholders, and facilitate decision making among stakeholders and partners
- Oversee the preparation of project reports, analyses, and presentations
- Supervise and mentor staff; oversee recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes as needed
- Represent MACEPA at meetings and conferences with donors and partner organizations