The Development and Outreach Associate manages key functions related to donor relations, gift processing, database management, reporting, grants management, donor communications and outreach, and events management to ensure successful fundraising and friendraising efforts to strengthen and support access to community mental healthcare. The position works closely with the Executive Director, exercising discretion and judgement in providing support to donors and outreach and education to the community.
The Northwest Catholic Counseling Center (NCC) is an independent nonprofit, community mental health center providing counseling and psycho-educational workshops regardless of faith or financial resources. Established 1986, we are a women-founded, life balance friendly, warm and welcoming workplace. Rooted in social justice, NCC believes everyone has a right to quality health care and has a special commitment to women and children who often bear the greatest weight of the dual burdens of poverty and mental health issues. Trained therapists with varied backgrounds and specialties serve more than 1,000 men, women, and children annually. NCC is committed to making its mission visible in daily operations. To learn more, please visit www.nwcounseling.org.
Classification: Full-time, 40 hrs/week; some variation in schedule to meet demands of position; some evening and weekend work
Compensation: $38,000-$41,000 DOE, Exempt
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick; 100% employer paid medical and dental, 100% employer paid long and short term disability; 403(b) retirement with employer contributing percentage of salary; mental health and education benefit.
Date Closing: May 17, 2021. Applicants encouraged to apply early, as review will begin immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, cultivate, and nurture donor relationships, including processing donations, creating reports in DonorPerfect, and donor communications.
- Assist in planning, support, communications, and logistics of both NCC’s annual fundraising events and third-party fundraising efforts.
- Assist with grant proposals and reporting
- Assist with Board of Directors work in the area of administration, fundraising, and outreach
- Partner with program leadership team to support outreach efforts particularly in the areas of social media and digital initiatives
- Provide general support to the Executive Director
- Assist in developing strategies and implementing programming to expand organizational support
- Assist with phone inquiries, client intakes, and client support
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Motivated by a desire to address problems of social justice and community mental health
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience or training) and at least one year work experience in nonprofit, fundraising, or event support
- Ability to take initiative, be self-directed, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word and Excel; Google Suite; Give Lively or other donation software; MailChimp or other communications software; Canva; WordPress; or ability to learn new digital software.
- Proficiency with donor management software, with preference to those with DonorPerfect experience
- Proficiency in social media campaigns and outreach, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn; experience with social media scheduling tools like Hootsuite a plus
- Understands general accounting procedures and is proficient in basic math
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- Demonstrated competency in service excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to open, collaborative, team-oriented, constructive work environment and interpersonal relationships
- A comfort-level and understanding for people and families dealing with mental health concerns
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift up to 30 pounds, talk, hear, and sufficient mobility to run errands and get to local businesses
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
NCC is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse space and is committed to ending oppression. The Development and Outreach Associate will share these values and commitment. NCC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, social economic status, or military status in any of its activities or operations. All are encouraged to apply.
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining:
- Your experience in nonprofits, fundraising, or event support
- Your experience in providing administrative support
- Why this position is a great fit for you
Development and Outreach Associate Search
8383 NE Sandy Blvd. #205
Portland, OR 97220