Sunshine Division is seeking a new team member to join its engaged team by overseeing all marketing and communications efforts that help to raise awareness and garner ongoing support for its mission and programs. During the COVID pandemic, Sunshine Division successfully partnered with more local community organizations than ever before in its 98-year history to help meet the demand for increased need for our services. As a result, 2020 was the most successful fundraising year to date! Having acquired many new donors and community partnerships, the marketing and communications manager will be responsible for utilizing a wide array of skills and experience that lead to a thriving marketing and communications strategy as Sunshine Division draws closer to its 100-year celebration. Please know that we have changed our processes and procedures due to COVID-19 to maintain social distancing and limit the number of authorized people in our facilities.
Reports To: Director of Development
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications, with the range starting at $49,000.
Outstanding benefits package, including: 100% employer covered health and dental insurance, employer contribution to 401K, employer covered life insurance, and generous paid time off.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Print / Email Communications:
- Email newsletters – created monthly/on an as-needed basis.
- Direct mail and digital appeals – content writing, design, oversight with print broker, etc.
- Content creation for various print and email outlets.
- Collaborate with the Development team to implement segmentation within all mail and email communications.
- Website Management / Design:
- Implement any website updates needed – office closures, giving banners for upcoming campaigns, content updates, etc. for both Sunshine Division’s primary website, signature event websites, peer-to-peer fundraiser websites and the annual Winter Wonderland holiday event.
- Various tasks on the backend - Ongoing app updates, SEO tracking, approving/disapproving comments, etc.
- Winter Wonderland website updates – sold out closure notices, hours of operation updates, etc.
- Updating content (graphics/design/user-friendliness/copywriting) and developing new pages to slowly improve front-end user website experience.
- Photo / Video / Story Capturing:
- Capture photos/videos/stories of clients on an as needed basis.
- Video production (as needed) through a company provided iPhone.
- Maintain a current photo/b-roll library.
- Develop videos for community partners who request it.
- Strategy / Tactics:
- Ongoing tracking of website analytics (Google Analytics).
- Ongoing tracking of social media analytics.
- Ongoing tracking for all email and video email communications.
- Social Media Management:
- Regularly post new content across Sunshine Division’s social pages (weekly posts anywhere from 3x – 5x per week).
- Regularly monitor and respond to posts Sunshine Division is tagged in across all social media accounts.
- Implement paid digital advertising through social media platforms as needed.
- Oversee digital day of giving opportunities through various “telethons” with TV/media partners.
- Copywriting / Editing:
- Provide assistance with grant writing and reporting (as needed).
- Provide script writing, copywriting, talking points, etc. for all TV/Media promotions.
- Provide copywriting and editing for appeals, email newsletters, press releases, and print/mail/digital/social communication pieces.
- Graphic Design:
- Social media tiles (weekly)
- Digital collateral
- Print collateral
- T-shirt orders/design (as needed)
- Event collateral/website tiles
- Various tasks (as needed)
- Google Reviews / Google My Business Oversight:
- Respond to Google reviews as they arrive (both Sunshine Division and Winter Wonderland pages).
- Keep Google My Business pages current with updated information for both N Thompson and SE Stark food pantry locations.
- Provide assistance (as needed) for Workplace Giving and peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
- Secure the city permit and installation processes for holiday streetlight banners in downtown Portland.
- Order needed collateral (envelopes, letterhead, a-frame signs, etc.) as it arises to ensure each office location has necessary items.
- Various tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent
- Three or more years of successful marketing and communications oversight, or its equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to develop, oversee, and successfully implement comprehensive marketing and communications strategies
- Ability to thrive in a smaller organization with a willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Strong written and oral communicator who is able to convey, in inspiring terms, the goals and mission of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a small, committed team with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and utilize current technologies, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, iMovie, social media platforms, Wordpress, etc.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, implementing, and managing long-term strategies
- Strong relationship management skills, especially concerning media partnerships and media/communications volunteer management
- Demonstrated ability to convey a vision of Sunshine Division’s strategic future through marketing and communications channels to donors, volunteers, community partners, and clients
- A strategic thinker who can respond quickly to changing circumstances and take advantage of emerging opportunitie
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and the answers to the three questions below to email@example.com.
To learn more about Sunshine Division, visit us at http://www.sunshinedivision.org/
Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
- What led you to apply for this position?
- What have you found to be the key to creating a robust marketing and communications strategy?
- What are some of the practical strategies you have utilized to help raise awareness, increase donor retention, and generate donations through marketing and communication channels?
About Sunshine Division:
Since 1923, Sunshine Division has provided free emergency food and clothing to families and individuals in times of crisis. During the year 2020, at the height of the COVID-19 crisis, Sunshine Division launched their expanded emergency food delivery program. A year after launching this food delivery program, with the help of the Portland Police Bureau, and numerous local supporters, Sunshine Division provided more than 6.6 MILLION meals to over 246,000 households through their two food pantries, home deliveries, and bulk food distribution program. This year, Sunshine Division’s ongoing food delivery model continues to help them meet the growing need thousands of local families are experiencing by providing free food so that no one goes hungry.