Education Services Supervisor
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison has an opportunity for a seasoned bilingual education professional! We’re seeking a Education Services Supervisor who will be responsible for development and coordination of the academic programming and ensuring the completion and documentation of state and ORR assessment standards. The position also serves as teacher providing the Flores required education services and supporting the program’s behavioral model. The position is responsible for providing supervision of education staff. This positions will work in a residential facility in Portland, Oregon.
We’re committed to providing quality services in a culturally competent manner. Due to program needs, the ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish and English) to ensure effective communication with youth in our care.
- Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise Teacher (s) and Education Assistants
- Provide academic curriculum consistent with the students’ academic development, literacy and linguistic ability. Curriculum development includes varying levels of English, Math and Science including English language training.
- Plan educational services in a programmed, structured classroom setting for six (6) hours per day that follows the school calendar for the academic school year calendars and summer school calendar developed by Morrison.
- Provide linguistically appropriate educational materials.
- Provide a syllabus of curriculum covered at least once a year.
- Participate in developing and maintaining an educational program which meets ORR standards.
- Maintain records as required by State or ORR for classroom documentation.
- Plan and arrange field trips.
- Develop professional relationships with community resources to acquire curriculum materials to enhance the learning experience for students.
- In collaboration with the Teacher and Education Assistants, develops written weekly lesson plans, meeting individual student’s needs, provides applied learning activities that are active, student directed, project based and integrated.
About the Program:
PASO: Is a 16- bed residential facility for adolescent males. The program maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
- Education and Work Experience:
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills. Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for assignment as a teacher OR
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree and Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) /Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification (TESOL)
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience using technology such as laptops, overhead projectors, in a school setting.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valued Experience:
- Special Education
- Prior experience with adolescents in a school or mental health setting
- Understanding of other core subject areas such as physical education, science, advanced mathematics, GED preparation
- Other Requirements:
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meet agency driving requirements
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training.
Starting Pay Range:
Bilingual (Spanish) Education Services Supervisor: $22.89 - $26.72
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
***Please review attachments below