Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid: 1/13/21)
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Old Town Recovery Clinic is seeking a Mental Health Counselor, QMHP!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM. Must have the ability to work some weekends and holidays, rotation of carrying the team pager for one week at least every 10 weeks where responsible for responding to after hours crisis events both via phone and in person
This position is part of the CORE/ACT Team.
Salary: $51,147.20 annually
The Community Outreach Recovery Engagement (CORE) team serves adults with major mental illness to help them remain integrated in the community as much as possible. They work with clients to develop the tools to be active participants in their own lives.
Duties to include:
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent.
- Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Develop treatment plan with client.
- Participate in outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Participate in evaluating clients for risk of harm.
- Collaborate with Residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to provide necessary treatment services and coordinate residential and non-residential treatment and service planning.
- Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care. Client contact must be made within one working day of admission.
- At minimum, must meet State guidelines for QMHP and be certified with the appropriate board.
- Current CPR certification required
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.