March 26, 2021
Human Resources Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1319
Are you a detail-oriented communicator with a passion for helping people do nonprofit work? Do you love helping teams get the right person in the right job? Do people describe you as calm, even when faced with changing priorities? If that’s a yes, come join our vibrant HR team! We work hard, have fun, and make a difference every day.
The HR Specialist is an integral part of the Morrison HR team and is the point person for job postings and onboarding efforts to bring talent into the agency. This position also assists employees, supervisors and applicants with a wide range of duties relating to all stages of employment with Morrison. All with a specific focus on furthering Morrison’s race equity and inclusion goals.
The successful candidate is organized and comfortable communicating details with other departments. They can work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, including following up with others to bring projects to timely completion. Previous experience ADP Workforce Now recruitment module is strongly recommended. And the ability to maintain confidentiality is key.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for supervisors, job candidates and employees regarding open positions. Respond to questions from community, managers, supervisors, employees, and applicants regarding all aspects of human resources. Interpret and apply existing human resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain the agency’s employment profile with external partners such as Mac’s List, Indeed, and other resources. Post open positions on ADP Workforce Now recruitment module
- Represent the agency at jobs fairs, career days and similar events. Update job descriptions. Evaluate and provide recommendations for starting pay for new hires and promotions.
- Participate in onboarding activities related to new hire orientation sessions, including coordination of speakers for monthly sessions. Prepare employee communications, notifications, and reminders. Ensure employees have positive interactions at each point in the employee life cycle.
- Work as an integral member of the HR team which can include support for HRIS entry, benefits, conducting background checks, HR compliance, and employee relations functions
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited college or university plus two years’ experience with customer-service oriented office and/or human resources experience. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Intermediate computer skills using databases, word processing, spreadsheets, reporting and email.
- Administrator-level experience with ADP Workforce Now, recruitment module strongly preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification
- Human Resources certification courses through an accredited university or program
- Must pass DHS criminal history background check
- May occasionally work outside of regularly scheduled business hours
Starting Pay Range:
Human Resources Specialist: $20.00 - $23.95
*Bilingual premium available*
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity – ensuring that all have what they need to survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply
*** External candidates, if viewing job through an alternate website without enabled links, please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers and select the job title “Human Resources Specialist”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.