Guardian Real Estate Services LLC has an immediate opportunity for a to join our experienced and committed team at our downtown Portland home office!
Locally owned and operated out of Portland, Oregon for over 40 years, Guardian Real Estate Services has evolved into a leading multifamily property management, development and investment firm in the Pacific Northwest. Defined by our deep commitment to the communities in which we invest, Guardian continues to advocate for housing across the entire spectrum.
The primary purpose of the PMA position is to provide ongoing advanced administrative support to Portfolio Managers of multifamily apartment communities, identifying areas of need and responding accordingly.
Critical to the success of this role will be an individual who has demonstrated strong professionalism, organization skills and computer proficiency, preferably in the industry of property management/real estate or a similar field.
Compensation: Competitive compensation dependent on experience + benefits.
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical/Dependent Care/Transportation FSA, Life/AD&D Insurance, LTD/STD Insurance, Employer-matched 401-K, generous PTO, paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program.
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday.
Guardian provides a culture in which employees are encouraged to learn new skills and develop their existing strengths. Upward mobility is a reality here! We provide ample training and opportunity for anyone who desires to take their property management career to the next level! Interested in growing along with one of the leading property management companies in the Northwest? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• High School diploma required
• Minimum two years of experience working in property management, accounting or another professional services industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high level of organization and professionalism
• Strong computer skills, including solid experience with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel)
• Yardi (or other real estate property management software) experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Interact with and support property and/or corporate staff; to provide review of check requests; coordinate meetings; complete travel arrangements, edit/approve correspondence to and about residents, vendors, clients, agencies, employees, and the public.
• Compose professional business correspondence; create and maintain contact information databases and spreadsheets as requested or where a need is identified. Design and prepare comprehensive statistical reports, spreadsheets and surveys. Prepare charts, graphs, tables and presentations for various audiences as necessary.
• Utilize the accounting and office computer software programs to prepare and provide reports.
• Analyze requests for information from various clients and agencies. Identify or create reports and verify accuracy to meet the criteria of the request.
• Coordinate and oversee property reserve request process. Independently identify items for submission, complete requests. Work directly with property accountants to track and execute requests and payments to vendors. Maintain accurate records of draw requests and provide back up as needed to lenders, internal staff, and financial auditors.
• Review and sort supervisor’s mail. Analyze and review task items received. Execute items as appropriate.
• Prepare legal documents and complete forms including but not limited to management agreements and management plans, assumption agreements, and violation notices. Identify and complete necessary attachments to fulfill agency requirements.
• Respond to emergent needs including property notice of shut off, flood or fire. Provide guidance and direction to sites for next steps and resolution.
• Set up or discontinue utilities including phone service, water, electric and trash service for takeovers and discontinuations ensuring that accurate ownership and billing information is conveyed. Work with utility companies to resolve final billing issues and pro-rates between ownership entities.
• Coordinate monthly distribution of owner financial statements via electronic or hard copy format. Ensure accuracy in reporting and adherence to requirements as dictated by management agreements.
• Maintain Outlook calendars for supervisors. Communicate with corporate office and properties regarding vacations and schedules for supervisors and self.
• Maintain files and filing systems, and create when not in place, to allow for an organized method of locating, researching and discarding of data to meet the needs of the company and retention schedules.
• Coordinate special events including office functions and company sponsored events as requested.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Portfolio Managers.
Guardian Real Estate Services LLC – Company Description
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Guardian Real Estate Services has evolved into a leading management, development and investment firm. Our company offers a diversified real estate service platform including property management, investments, development, and advisory services. Guardian delivers custom solutions by offering a higher level of expertise, resources and creative capacity to develop a unique approach for each client. 50 years of experience, combined with the long tenure of our key staff, contributes to our strength and sets us apart in the industry. Our stability and security comes from our legacy of experience, industry knowledge, and integrity.
Guardian is a distinguished leader in the multifamily housing arena with a team of highly qualified real estate professionals. The company’s vertically-integrated business model is sought by both private and institutional investors. Guardian’s management portfolio includes over 128 assets throughout 54 cities located in four states and is comprised of approximately 8,500 multifamily units. Guardian’s portfolio includes a diverse mix of market-rate, affordable and senior housing. Guardian holds ownership interests in 24% of the portfolio under management.
The Guardian Experience – Our People
The Guardian Experience: Property Management is our strength. People have always been our passion. Our team is, and has always been, actively engaged in superior real estate management and enhancing the communities in which we live and work. In this economy, companies come and go. As a 3rd generation family owned firm, Guardian’s growth and stability has evolved the company into a leading West Coast real estate management and investment firm.
In addition to competitive salaries, 401(k), generous PTO and paid holidays, we offer a culture in which individuals work and participate in collaborative team environments and are encouraged to continue to grow both professionally and personally.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or by fax at (202) 690-7442.