Looking for a flexible position? Opportunities for growth and the ultimate in work-place flexibility can be yours! Join a counseling team dedicated to person-centered and trauma informed principles and practice for employees as well as clients. A wide variety of referral sources, and a group of colleagues who encourage professional growth and development, helps ensure a consistent client base and reduces the stressors associated with other work settings. Prorated benefits also available for part-time employees!
About Us: The Northwest Catholic Counseling Center (NCC) is a women-founded and led, family-friendly, warm and welcoming workplace. We are a completely independent nonprofit, community mental health center providing counseling and psycho-educational workshops to anyone, regardless of financial resources, faith, sexual orientation or identity, lived experience, or background. Rooted in social justice, NCC believes everyone has a right to quality health care and has a generous sliding scale ensuring no one is turned away because of an inability to pay. NCC is committed to these ideals and making them visible in daily operations.
About the Job: The Mental Health Therapist partners in our work of providing compassionate and collaborative mental health care to a wide variety of clients in an outpatient setting. You will have a reasonable caseload with a supportive office staff to assist with billing and paperwork, flexible scheduling, great benefits, prorated for part-time employees, regular clinical supervision and educational opportunities, and work in the company of passionate, caring, diverse, and fun colleagues. This is a license preferred (LPC, LMFT, LCSW) position, experience with children ages 8-17 a plus. If you are a registered licensee intern, your professional growth and development can continue in this supportive setting.
Classification: Part-time, 24-32 hours/week; Exempt.
Compensation: Competitive salary, 32k-44 depending on scheduled hours. Generous benefits prorated for the number of hours worked, for full-time employees valued at $21K ($15K pre-tax) including paid vacation, sick, holidays; 403(b) retirement with employer contribution; 100% employer paid medical and dental coverage; 100% employer paid short-and long-term disability insurance; paid license; in-house clinical supervision; mental health and education benefit.
Reports to: Clinical Director
Location: Northeast Portland, Oregon
Closing Date: Applicants encouraged to apply early, as review will begin immediately.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clinical Care
- Maintain 15-20 hours of direct counseling per week, with some early evening appointments required (depending on hours worked) and weekends encouraged
- Provide consultation, assessment, and diagnosis for clients
- Maintain timely, accurate and current client records and request authorizations as needed
- Conduct occasional psycho-educational workshops or presentations
- Participate in clinical supervision
- Adhere to professional practices for Mental Health Professionals
- Share in Administrative Responsibilities
- Participate in staff meetings
- Assist in organizational tasks as requested
- Continuing Education
- Keep current in areas of professional reading, attend continuing-education workshops and seminars
- Keep current on professional issues
- Maintain professional license and CAQH credentials as applicable
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in clinical decision-making
- Actively able to support and incorporate mission and core values into daily activities
- Commitment to social justice values
- Demonstrated commitment to trauma-informed mental health care
- Demonstrated cultural competence – show the ability to identify and challenge one’s own cultural assumptions, values, and beliefs, and understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- Demonstrated competency in service excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to open, collaborative, team-oriented, constructive work environment and interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated ability of basic computer use including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to keep accurate and appropriate records/documentation
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, talk, hear and perform other work with low physical requirements
Training and Qualifications:
- Valid Oregon mental health license, or registered as a licensee intern REQUIRED
- Paneled on insurance a plus
NCC is committed to being an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse space and is committed to ending oppression. Staff members will share these values and commitment. NCC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, social economic status, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
During the pandemic, some work is done remotely.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Mental Health Therapist Search
8383 NE Sandy Blvd. #205 or email@example.com.
Portland, OR 97220