Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Management, Nonprofit, Social Services
Type: Full Time
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The role of the YOC Manager is to provide management and supervision of our Youth Opportunity Center, located in East Portland, including management of daily operations, direct and indirect supervision of staff, volunteers and interns; program development, implementation and alignment across program departments, and community/partner engagement. This individual is responsible for managing risk and will work closely with other program departments (which include Education, Employment, Housing, Case Management, LGBTQ services & Foster Care). They will also play a key role in communication and collaboration amongst other youth providers.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to manage the day to day operations of this active center
• Effectively works with the Program Director to maintain and develop site-specific protocol and policies related to access, services, risk management, etc.
• Desire to work with multicultural staff and youth
• Ensures the safety of staff, youth, and others utilizing the center
• Provides daily support and weekly one on one supervision to staff
• Develops and coordinates services and activities that are responsive to youth needs
• Assists in solicitation of contributions to support the YOC through community contacts, individuals, and organizations
• Works with Program Director to coordinates program coverage and scheduling
• Coordinator of services with other adult and youth providers in East County
• Creates and monitors the center’s budget
• Represents agency in the community (at key meetings and events)
• Develops community partnerships with other providers, local government and other key stakeholders
• Works closely with Development Department to secure donations and volunteers
• Ability to provide necessary input toward the development and implementation of database and information systems
• Willingness to provide rotating agency crisis coverage (by phone and/or on site) for after hours and weekends
• Ability to continually assess center operations and program implementation, and works with various program director to share information and respond as necessary
• Bilingual and bi-culturally competent a plus
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (psychology, social work, counseling or public administration). Will substitute lived and professional experience in place of degree.
• A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience
• Ability to work with diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment
• Experience working with homeless or at-risk youth
• A minimum of 2 years of program management experience
• Demonstrated inclusive leadership style and focus on advancing equity
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at newavenues.org. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$45,000 - $50,000 DOE