Close Date: 9/30/21
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s is seeking On-Call Treatment Assistants for the Letty Owings Center!
This is a continuous job posting to build our applicant pool for current vacancies and/or future full-time, part-time, and variable on-call shifts. Shifts available now! Day, swing and overnight. 27/7 facility. $16.71 an hour
On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
At Letty Owings, mothers are treated for drug addiction and alcoholism. They also begin learning essential life skills such as budgeting, meal planning and cooking, communication and most importantly, parenting – things as simple as how often a child needs to eat, sleep and bathe. Surrounded by role models and others who are succeeding in their recovery, the women see what life can be. The Letty Owings Center helps give them the tools they need to get there.
Treatment Assistants are responsible for providing care and close intensive supervision to all clients and their children in a 24-hour milieu.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate residents’ activities as detailed on the weekly schedule.
- Facility maintenance, including monitoring and supervision of clients’ performance of household chores and assigning weekly household tasks.
- Teach and role model care of infants to clients.
- Distribute client and child’s medications and maintain accurate records.
- Transport residents to appointments as needed.
- Assist clients with activities specifically related to women; i.e. breast-feeding, feminine hygiene needs, etc.
- At least two years work or volunteer experience in related field required (i.e., shelter, residential or day treatment, counseling, substance abuse treatment, etc.).
- Have or able to obtain Standard First-Aid, and Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and applicable criminal background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. If covering child care shifts, must be approved by the State of Oregon Employment Department Child Care Division.
- Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.