The Office Support Specialist, On Call position is responsible for answering inquiries, obtaining information and a variety of office duties in a fast-paced clinical front office setting. This position provides support to clinical staff working with mental health and addictions clients of all ages in person and on the phone. Typically handles the more complex administrative functions at a site.
Location: This position will cover LifeWorks NW's multi-service sites.
Days/Hours: This is an on-call position working a variety of hours per week, anywhere from 0 to 40 hours per week.
Pay: $22.59 starting hourly pay.
- Performs reception duties, answering phones (on multi-line phone system). Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Act as resource to staff and clients.
- Responsible for insurance verifications, set client fees, balance payment agreements and administrative intakes.
- Update and maintain records in proprietary software.
- Manage office paperwork and flow.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules, runs basic reports as needed.
- Scanning, copying and faxing as needed.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Hear and process complaints from customers and public.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Unload and sort courier items and/or office supplies as needed.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and teamwork.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience/formal education preferably in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience working as a receptionist preferably in a mental health setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred, but not required.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel, 10-key, telephone skills and electronic record systems. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling and billing. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm. Knowledge and previous experience with office equipment including photocopying, faxing and scanning etc.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09