TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit:
then click Apply to begin your application.
Starting salary range is $4,916.66 - $5,583.33 per month DOE
Full-time, exempt position working 40 hours per week.
Our mission is to provide opportunities to people who experience barriers to housing because of income, disability, or special needs in an environment that preserves personal dignity, and in a manner that maintains the public trust. In carrying out our mission, we are committed to vital neighborhoods, respect for VHA clients and employees, excellence in management and operations, cooperative and respectful working relationships with the public, neighborhood and community organizations, other units of local government, and dispersal of assisted housing throughout Clark County.
The Supportive Housing Program Manager (SHPM) oversees the delivery of supportive services in buildings restricted to serving seniors in an independent living environment as well as buildings serving people exiting homelessness with behavioral health conditions. The overarching goal of the Supportive Housing Program is to ensure tenants remain independently housed in their units as long as possible. This work includes both overseeing VHA employed Service Coordinators and their service delivery as well as managing contractual relationships with service providers. This position helps facilitate a strong working relationship between onsite services and onsite property management to ensure overall positive outcomes for the tenants and properties. The SHPM also works closely with the VHA Development Department in helping design services for new senior or supportive housing developments.
Some essential functions include:
1. Designing and measuring outcomes for senior and supportive housing properties and reporting to partners and stakeholders.
2. Analyzing unmet needs of tenants and creating partnerships to address gaps.
3. Building and maintaining relationships with partner agencies in Clark County to align and avoid duplication of client services. Partnerships include but are not limited to AADSWA, DSHS, Community Mental Health agencies, and other supportive housing providers.
4. Supervision and training of direct reports, including monitoring of the provision of services, online case management quality assurance and reporting
5. Building and maintaining strong relationships across departments at the VHA to ensure service provision is integrated and aligned with property management and development.
6. Grant tracking and reporting to HUD and other community stakeholders on the provision and outcomes of services
7. Coordinating nurse students at senior properties.
8. Developing and managing a social work internship program.
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) required
- Three (3) years of program management experience or experience supervising staff
- Three (3) years working with supportive housing or similar programs.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.