Community Based Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Requisition: 1281
Morrison’s Therapeutic Foster Care has an new job opportunity and we’re looking for the right candidate to join the team. The Foster Care Mental Health Therapist will provide community-based services and support to children in behavioral health treatment foster care and their foster parents, biological or other family members to reduce placement disruption and achieve permanency.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will hold primary responsibility for providing mental health therapy, case management, and support to children in the behavioral health treatment foster care program and their caregivers.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal, and organizational requirements and comply with Oregon Administrative Rules for Behavioral Health Treatment Foster Care (BH-TFC).
- Participate in the treatment team and community partners to best serve BH-TFC youth including: foster parents, biological family members, DHS caseworkers, CASAs, Wraparound facilitators, Coordinated Care Organizations, school districts, medical providers and other community partners.
The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the Child Welfare system and will understand the dynamics of family relationships, the disruptions resulting in separation, and the importance of maintaining connectedness with previous families; based on an assessment of each family’s situation and the child’s needs. They will work collaboratively with foster parents and other caregivers to provide services that are in the child’s best interest.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
- Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties for this position is as follows:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related mental health/counseling field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing services to children with intensive behavioral health needs in community based setting.
- Familiarity with the needs of children and families involved with the Child Welfare system.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Bilingual in the Spanish Language, written, spoken and read
- Other Requirements
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meet agency driving requirements
- Ability to work outside regularly scheduled business hours; staff will be in an On Call rotation
- During the pandemic this position will work both remotely utilizing telehealth and in person. We are considered an essential service; therefore, there will be a need to meet with clients to provide service in person, when this occurs the agency will take appropriate precautions to ensure the safety of staff and client.
Starting Pay Range:
Community Based Mental Health Therapist: $22.80 - 27.19
Community Based Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $24.64-$29.37
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history. and our strategy. for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through a website without enable links https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center - Case Manager – Community Based Mental Health Therapist - Therapeutic Foster Care program
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.